The Saint Ursula School Environmental Club is a student-centered organization, whose mission is to preserve, maintain and improve the environment in and around Saint Ursula School. Members on the environmental Club learn about different environmental issues, and how to become stewards of the environment.
The Environmental Club is open to students in grades 6 through 8. Meetings take place every Friday afternoon, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Due to the popularity of the club (about 125 members), the Environmental Club is broken down into 4-5 groups, which alternate weeks. Each group typically meets 4-5 times a year.
Types of Activities
The Environmental Club spearheads the recycling efforts at the school, as well as organizes initiatives to encourage environmental preservation and conservation. Other activities include:
- Raking leaves
- Weeding and tending to the school gardens
- Picking up any trash along the school grounds
- Emptying recycling bins for each classroom
- Participating in activities that promote recycling
- Listening to guest speakers on environmental issues and topics
Environmental Club Moderator: Mrs. Bivons